02/05/2011

Nineteen

Isn't it the most beautiful number?

19
19
19
19
19

It is, right?

It's also the number of days where I try to only sleep four hours a day, the number of posts that will be on this blog after I publish this one until the next post, a mark for exams I'll never get, and my current age in years.
It's also 17 + 2. I tend to think seventeen is the most elegant number, whilst nineteen holds the title of most beautiful one. Twenty is fuck-ass ugly.

Today was a great day for sleeping, all three (!) of my dozes went great, and I've been feeling fully refreshed all day, save this morning, where I was slightly dozing off after I returned from the market when studying. But that was only for an hour or so, so really, it's been a great day for anti-tiredness.

After that it was time for some series-watching, and I'm not that addicted anymore. I tend to watch 'The Wire' in the morning and 'Deadwood' after my midnight-doze. It's working out fine that way. I didn't watch anymore FMA, I decided to finish NGE first. First things first, you know.

The Wire

Dozing off while trying to immerse yourself into something even turned out to be - though unwanted - awesome, since you get into that half-sleepy-state where every thought seems to be possible, where you're the God of your own fantasy world. And so you think something up, only to open your eyes again some seconds later realizing you still need to study and wondering how those thoughts that seemed oh so brilliant even came up in your mind.
You probably - I do sometimes - have already periodically closed your eyes when watching a long episode of a series or a movie in which not a lot of action was happening, and you only hear the voices, the conversations, the background-music, and you unconsciously start to recreate a scene with all that in your head. And then, when you open your eyes, you're mind-struck because you're hit by how your visual interpretation of the audio and the visuals of the movie differed. It's awesome.

The self-hypothetized reason that I'm not addicted to series that much anymore is because I had other ways to spend my day motivated and awake. I was social, I went for a bike ride, worked for uni and remember the HTML & CSS I was learning two weeks ago? I decided to finish the book as soon as possible, and well, starting from this afternoon I studied that. So I should finish it tomorrow morning or midday. Huray! Why? It was troubling me to leave it half-finished, I'll be more at ease studying my school-courses when having finished it.
I'll see where my conquest on web design leads next after that.

No language-oriented random-quote-of-the-day today, just one on the - how typical, phuh! - everlasting subject of existentialism.
"It is a far, far better thing to have a firm anchor in nonsense than to put out on the troubled sea of thought. " - John Kenneth Galbraith
But then again, if we learned to think decently, aren't we all sailors?

Wait! I almost forgot! I've found a truly great video today, and it'll be the first video in a while - you should be feeling fucking lucky and a wee sense of accomplishment now, Mr. Obama - to be linked to on my blog.
You should understand why I put it here after watching it, and here's the link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4

I hope you didn't die laughing, that would be too extreme. Good night,

No comments:

Post a Comment