It's the 0,1s it takes you to remember each and every detail about a song you'll always remember. At least, until your brain starts degenerating and you start confusing - much to the joy of your grandchildren - all kinds of amounts of money and the value of it.
The 100ms in which you are in agitated doubt, filled with joy when they end.
The 100000000 ns in which you've just proven that there's one thing you can still do better than the computer you're currently staring to.
| Exactly. |
I was overjoyed to find myself out of bed this morning at the planned time, no oversleeping today, oh no! I've also found my ability to take naps - eurh, dozes - has increased even more, being able to sleep consistently for the whole duration of two out of three dozes today. I fell asleep for all three though, the third, which was the first doze, just wasn't consistent. But hey, I can't complain.
Another rather weird and all the same fun experience with the dozes is waking up automatically when I should, and then hear my alarm going off about ten seconds after I wake up. Makes a man feel like a man. A time-knowing-man.
My day was not in the least productive, I've done some programming and studying, but mostly did the regular distraction-stuff like watching series - everything is still getting better and better, I might tell you more about it any day soon - and movies, enjoying the beautiful weather on a bicycle, went shopping for dinner, we decided that it had been a while since we had pizza, score, reading, and exchanging digitalized sentences - I hate 'chatting' - with people I know. And other randomness, I hate facebook for that. The oodles of time literally wasted there, ugh.
I also decided to really get serious on the book-writing I've been planning for some months now. I've been looking for a decent and affordable laptop for the past week. I could really use one to combine the planned writing, all my work for university and the beautiful weather that makes me feel dead when spending time not in it.
The dollar-euro exchange rate is amazingly low, but typically, laptops don't ship outside of the US. Grmbl fuck grmbl. But I've got plans, and I'll probably buy one between wednesday and saturday.
You might think it's only for my own good, that laptop, but you're totally wrong with that! It's for you, my dearest reader, since I know that deep down inside your heart you've always wanted to know if writing a blog on a laptop is different than writing it on a desktop.
I'll let you know.
Another random-quote-of-the-day on language that might be applicable for this blog, not sure, and I won't make any assumptions here.
"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand. " - Lewis ThomasI think that goes for a lot of other 'human' things.
Oh yeah, for all of you interested in bugs, a friend of mine started a blog focussed on insects just today, it features high-detail fascinating close-up extraordinary supercalifragilisticexpialidocious self-taken pictures of insects. I also like his writing! You can find it here, http://abuginmytent.blogspot.com/.
Well then, need to get to the market tomorrow market. The worm is for the early bird and all that. Over and out,
No comments:
Post a Comment