22/04/2011

Adaptation

The eternal human struggle in an ever-developing world.

Wowie.

I overslept today, for the second time, but this was a more serious oversleeping. I slept for fucking five and a half hours! I felt like I slept twelve hours and oversleeping killed all the latent tiredness I felt yesterday. So I don't mind it that much, it just feels like such a pity.
How could I oversleep when I put out three alarms, each within ten minutes of one another? I don't know myself either, I must've woken four times putting them all off but I can't remember that all.
My iPod was plugged into my guitar-amplifier and had the most annoying alarm sound ever - which was, oh glory, called 'Alarm' - and set on two times, so I'd surely wake up. My cellphone was put under my pillow, with a Sonic Youth song as alarm sound, and my bedside alarm was also configured at about the right time.
But alas, I woke up wondering how late it would be, since my room was so bright, mumbled 'Fuck' when I saw how late it really was and got out of bed immediately. I wondered how I survived all those alarms and looked at the amp. My iPod wasn't there anymore. I looked around and saw it lying on my desk, quite obviously. So cheers, I had put out three alarms, and I got out of bed for two out of the four times they went off, but I can't remember a thing. I think it was due to the randomness blues that I wasn't motivated to only sleep three hours tonight, I still need to adapt mentally to the everyman. A lot.

I was wide awake though, so I only took one nap today, and I'm still quite awake now, no latent tiredness, no ninja to backstab me in the morning like he did today.

As I had silently promised myself yesterday, today was going to be an off day.
Me and my brother were invited by our grandparents to enjoy lunch together, and we eagerly took the invitation, it's been since my parents were home that we had something really good to eat. And man, it tasted.
I watched three episodes of 'Cowboy Bebop' today, I think I'll finish the series by watching the remaining six episodes tomorrow, that'll only take two hours, and I'm really thrilled by the story. Luckily I found a new series to watch instead, I think I'll go for 'Deadwood', and when I finish that, 'The Wire' will be next. For the rest, before my evening doze, I mostly read and studied only a small bit.
After the dozing away, I went for a short bike ride, and ran 5 km with a friend, it went much better than I had forethought, since it's been over two weeks I had ran. I was extremely satisfied and surprised actually. My brother was asking all evening if we were going to watch a movie, I agreed - I still have a lot of unwatched movies - and decided it would be 'Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb'. He fell asleep and once more I was free in how to spend my time. I started learning Haskell today, introduced to it by a good friend, and I understand why. I was only at page five and was already amazed at the language. It's a functional programming language and it's a new way of programming, very refreshing


From 1 AM till 4 AM I went biking with the friend who introduced me to Haskell, and he told me about his plans on starting a small programming company, and great news, I can join it! Yay, money! He has the brains, I have the looks and the awesomeness, the only thing we're missing is a name. If you, oh, anonymous reader, have a great name, we would be much obliged.

By the way, loudly listening to Frank Zappa at this hour while your brother is fast asleep in the couch behind you is awesome. Oh wait, not so loudly anymore, he woke up and asked what the hell kind of rubbish I was watching. Awesome.

I really need to stop writing such an awful lot when I decided not to,

No comments:

Post a Comment