That's what someone would normally say when looking back over their holidays I guess, but not me, alas. It does feel longer, much longer.
Proof of this feeling, this still-being-mentally-used to the older notion of time, came today, when I thought my library loans were getting over time, but it seems I still have ten more days! Of those four weeks that I borrowed them, wicked shit, I might finally be on time with them for once.
I'm terrible at multitasking, I tried writing the post and watching 'Deadwood' at the same time, but well, none were done well, my grammar and sentences were below average, and my understanding of the unfolding story in 'Deadwood' even less. The inventor of the pause button truly is - and I mean this from the deepest most profound everlasting well in my heart - a saint.
| Al Swearengen |
Today was the first day of university with the everyman - if you're new to my blog I'd like to redirect you to the first post for more information, and the post '7 days, 1 week' for the summary of my first week, like this will be of the second, but more summarized than last time - and it pretty much worked out. Though I took my noon doze on a wooden bench in the wavering heat of a smoldering sun, everything worked out alright.
A positive effect I've found is that since I have those planned dozes, I am motivated for not-sleeping during lectures, which is a big advantage when all is dull and nothing's really that fun, anymore.
So here it is, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,
SUMMARY
This week was harder than last week, a lot harder, mostly on the mental part, it's getting heavier mentally, since the holidays ended and now none of my friends even stay up till 2 AM. No more nightly biking with company, no more nightly chats, it's just me and the silence of the world.
So in those dull moments, when you're getting tired and existential, it gets hard, to not just succumb to that latent desire of falling asleep and forgetting the world. I really hope the tiredness goes away, and I should normally get mentally used to it between now and two weeks.
The dozes are still working out alright, I hardly have ones where I can truly tell I fell asleep, most of the time I can only tell by the dreamy thoughts and the amazingly quick passage of time, but I still feel awake and refreshed when getting up from those dreamy pauses, so I guess that's pretty alright.
But those dozes and the power to take them are a gift of God, everytime I have nothing to do and start feeling tired, I long for the doze, it's like restarting in a way, three times a day, it's magic.
With university, I moved my three-hour-block to 4:30 AM to 7:30 AM. It should help since my brother can wake me up and I have to take him to school, so the big block will work out alright and will become a habit in the purest meaning of the word.
I still have no regrets on this, the only regret is that I didn't discover this last year, and you can surely guess why. Yes, time. My precious.
And that concludes the summary.
As for the random-wisdom-of-the-day, this one's for all you Americans out there.
"America is a vast conspiracy to make you happy. " - John UpdikeIf you wanted to read another story of my life, you can read it tomorrow, this post was dedicated to the summary. You don't mind, or do you? No, you don't, 'meh' is all that's on your mind. Well, meh yourself!
Yay, time for the continuing of 'Deadwood'. Enjoy life and living it,
No comments:
Post a Comment