This must've been the longest week in my mind, ever. I mean, it's been only a week since I wrote the last post, and hell, it feels like so much more time has passed. Like a month. Or more.
Hmmm.
Well, not more, but it just feels like so long ago, it's weird.
Anyway, I guess that's a good thing, it means I've done quite a lot in all that time, so my days didn't just fly out of the window, never to be seen again. That's about my - new - definition of 'constructive-time-spending'.
Still a weird feeling, but I won't annoy you with it any further.
I slept much more than I wanted too in the past seven days, except for the weekend, in which I was predetermined to sleep a lot.
Why was I predetermined to sleep a lot?
Well, I had set my eyes on a 10km long run in my city, and I wanted to make myself proud, after two months of preparing, and I didn't want to take any risks on feeling tired with that. I've also written last time how sleeping more than planned makes me feel extremely fresh, at least till nightfall, so I didn't feel tired at all after having two nights of a normal sleep.
Running went great, though my time isn't competitive at all, I'm still proud of myself. I did it in 51 minutes, while last year it took me just-less-than-an-hour - 59 minutes 30+ seconds - and well, even though I'm still feeling my legs, I'm still happy.
Why did I sleep more the other days? Well, it all had to do with the course I'm studying now.
Last year, I had the habit of learning the course while lying in bed. I don't really know why, it was just comfortable that way, lying down and just reading it while being completely relaxed.
The problem with that is that now, I've also trained the habit of using my bed solely for sleep or naps, so you can guess what happens when I'm studying the course in my bed again. That's right, I sleep. A lot.
The good news is, I'm finished with that course tomorrow! And I'll spend the rest of learning it not-being-in-bed. It's truly deadly, since it's just so easy to close your eyes and forget the world when studying analysis, and thinking you'll do it all later on... zZz. It's hard to stay motivated, I'll summarize it like that.
So once I finish it, I don't see any obstacles in being completely devoted to 1337 sleeping skills.
That's what I'm hoping for, at least, you'll read about it in a week or so.
I know I still haven't put random shit on, but random is random, when it's pseudorandom it just ain't random, know what I mean?
Now, time for the I'll-stop-with-all-these-words-as-an-adjective-for-the-quote-quote
"Whenever you are asked to do something, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!'. Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore RooseveltUnfortunately, I stopped doing this after noticing the second part was a lot harder in university than in high school.
I'm so proud of you all,
No comments:
Post a Comment