11/05/2011

7 days, 4 weeks

Daaaaaimn.

So, how did you miss your daily read? I would've missed the daily write, but I haven't had time the last couple of days to miss it, so that's a relief in itself.

Nevertheless, happy to be here again!

I fooled around with my sleep last week, because I did further testing on how beer influences my sleep and my capability of waking up in the morning.
And because my cell phone, which generally serves as my alarm, seemed to had gone empty overnight two times. Mumble. So that's four days out of five - I slept normally yesterday though! - where I've slept four to six hours overnight.

At the time of writing this, it's 2:47 AM, and I feel awake like I should, so there hasn't been any real harm caused by the fooling around. It's amazing how a nap works as reset of your mood, your day and your tiredness, it truly is.
And again at the time of writing - but actually since yesterday, but my cell phone deserted me for the second time tonight and my family still doesn't understand that I'm more awake when I've only slept for three hours instead of five - ugh - , alas - - wow nested em dashes - - sorry for making reading this so hard for you - - really, sorry - I'm motivated-ly going to follow the cycle as strictly as I did in the third week, since that was working out just fine.

This is the empty lil' fucker.


I've also had the feeling of having lost the reason to wake up early, but by missing parts of my morning, and hence valuable time that could be filled watching 'The Wire', I found it again.
So yeah, this week was just basically messing around with sleep, though I didn't exceed over six hours of sleep a night, I'll never return to mono-phasic sleep again, it's incredible how much longer you need to sleep when on that. 
You just read that I never exceeded six hours of sleep a day, and if you're a bit critical, you've remarked that I wrote in the start that my night-only-sleep was six hours alone. How do I explain this. Quite frankly, I've taken it upon myself to not take any dozes when I oversleep, and the non-dozing abides to the following ruleset. 

 >= 6          : Only the nightly doze or the evening doze when albeit feeling tired. But none if not tired.
>4 & <6     : I skip the noon doze, or plan two dozes in an equate interval during the day instead of three.
<=4            : No dozes skipped

By the way, it's amazing how sleeping 5-6 hours by night, even when it's accidentally, when doing it once after some days of following the everyman, makes you feel like you just had the most refreshing sleep in your life. 
I'm not doing it long enough to be able to really share my experiences on this with you, it's just from the few times I had it accidentally and was amazed.

There may be a surprise in next week's post, since I plan on testing the paragraph right above this weekend, when having a 10 km run. I'm also eating a lot healthier, and watching how that influences the sleep, and how much I need of it. 
I've also found the motivation to really start studying, I have twenty days left till the first exam, maybe that's the 'no-lifing' motivation I need.

As for a totally random not-so-daily-anymore-quote-of-the-day:
"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its true dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
MINDSTRETCH!

So I'll keep you tuned, my loyal followers,

No comments:

Post a Comment