05/05/2011

7 days, 3 weeks Pt. II

You were so serious but always so smart.

It's the second, the last, the glorious part, and the quintessentially written post you all need to read.

But don't expect too much of all this perfectness, like a wise man - yes, it was a man, d'uh - once said, "All is relative." I don't know who the man is, neither do I know if you know the expression, as it's not that used in America as it is here.

Quite obvious, but hey, it still made me laugh.
Like you've all have read my blog thousands of time over and over already, you know I overslept last night, I fell asleep at the nightly doze and didn't get till, well, 7 AM. I was struck with amazement at my own laziness, and disappointment at the same time, but some time later I didn't really care anymore, you can read more details on the why in '7 days, 3 weeks I'. Just oversleeping two and a half hours made me feel like I've just slept with three days and I was bursting with energy, and therefore danced the day away.
In a way it was, albeit sad for my resolutions, brilliant.

As has become good habit after each week, I would write a summary on how the sleep and the sleepiness are going. But, truth be told, I can really be short, albeit concise and precise, on it this week, and I will.

This week was the week of the great breakthrough in getting accustomed to the schedule, thanks to consistency and quality of the dozes. I will explain down below south under here.

Since university started again last tuesday, I've had a very consistent - save for last night - sleeping pattern, especially the big block which has been 4:40 AM to 7:40 AM each day, even in the weekend. My dozes are taken at irregular intervals but they can be chosen quite flexibly every day. I do start feeling worn and tired after six to seven hours without a doze, so it is however necessary to take that doze off once in a while.
Dozing off also goes a whole lot smoother than before because I'm getting trained into slipping in REM by all that dozing, and I cut the time for each doze from thirty minutes to twenty-five minutes, that means 5 minutes less margin for getting asleep, but it's still working alright.
I wonder how much nearer to that twenty I could get in some time.

That's actually all that I will say right now, there isn't anything notable that happened with the sleep since it happened that consistently, but it's glorious that I'm really getting into and used to it now, it's paying off already!
Of course, you can always read the last few blog entries for more details, lots of horsecrap to be found there!

Today will also be a day with nor 'The Wire', nor 'Deadwood'. I did watch some NGE though, and I will definitely catch up on them this weekend, it's just that I find to have an at the moment more important and urgent - university, grmbl - activity to put my time in, and with falling asleep last night, I lost some time as well.

Neon Genesis Evangelion
As done many times before, I will leave you all thinking about a classic random-quote-of-the-day.
"I always find it more difficult to say the things I mean than the things I don't."- W. Somerset Maugham
Trolling is a art.

Have fun reading, dancing, singing, studying, sporting, running, jumping, biking, trolling, acting, and wasting the night away,

No comments:

Post a Comment