We're what's happening.
Here's my own catchy adaptation of 'Nightclubbing'. Oh isn't it wild? Always makes me think of the following movie as well. Watch it if you haven't already.
Other wonderful things happened as well today, I got out of bed at 7 AM, without my father's help - Hallelujah! - though I was quite tired. I don't remember my morning that well, but hey, I survived it. The rest of the day was quite fresh though, two out of three naps even succeeded, I'm still bruising with energy, even though two days ago I was awfully tired by now. Awesome.
I made a planning so I can study with that extra more aim, which I also tried today but, like it always is in retrospect, I didn't study enough.
That's mainly explained by the thing I stumbled upon today when installing Visual C++ Express on my dad's laptop, it's called 'Small Basic', it's a simplified variant of BASIC, in a very friendly IDE, made for people who want to start programming, ranging from children to adults. I saw my 11-year old brother walking as I was reading more about it, and I now have taken upon myself the holy mission of getting that boy interested in programming, and be his guiding hand in his quest for master programming skills.
You can read more about 'Small Basic' and download the IDE and Tutorial PDF (which is very nice) at http://smallbasic.com/. I truly recommend it.
A more thorough lesson pack is found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/beginner/ff384126.aspx
Not like I want to make free advertisements for Microsoft or anything, I just found it to be a really great language for kiddies with text, because Scratch and Alice don't really do anything with text, but more with video-elements.
This afternoon I showed him what you could do with it after reading the tutorial and he especially liked the turtle, but he didn't really understand how everything was done. I was naive as well, thinking he would grasp such abstract new concepts in another language, though the tooltips are all in Dutch, so easily, when I gave him some programs he had to write this evening.
I was dumbfounded after I had to explain the principles of IO five times, but now he's seemed to have grasped it, I think he will have truly mastered it in a month or so, when I keep giving him assignments, I'll start on graphics next week, he'll like that.
I seriously started on C myself, and I'll try to get fair into C++ by tomorrow evening.
That concludes the third day for me.
Farewell, may you find peace in the land of your dreams,


Got to get down on friday, ey? ;)
ReplyDelete