Nah, I'm just writing this to make some kind of journal of this experiment.
What is this so-called experiment - the mere question could have popped into your mind the very moment you read the last sentence - that I am talking about?
This 'experiment', which I will from now on address as 'le experiment' (French!), is a shortening and altering of my daily sleeping pattern. The cycle I started following is the Everyman Cycle, seen below:
I chose to do this after the past few weeks, in which I underslept every night, and I was broke from fatigue after two weeks. A friend told me to try something like this next time I would try living a long period without lots of sleep, and I didn't doubt for a second. With this schedule, I only need 4 hours of sleep every day, and I'll normally won't feel tired at all, ain't that sweet? Imagine, just imagine the time you win with being awake for 20 hours a day!
In short, I chose the three-nap Everyman Cycle, which consists of a big block of sleep of about 3 hours, and three small naps of about 20 minutes.
Today is the first day I completely followed the schedule, and now it's 1:17 AM, a time I would some days be awake and some days be asleep, but for now, I'll always be awake at this time, so I need something to pass the time without falling asleep and summarizing my day, especially at the start. I came up with the idea to write a blog, for other people who would want to try this, but found mostly blogs on the Uberman-cycle, since that is much more special, but don't have time for that and want to try the Everyman.
Well then, more about me.
I'm an electronic engineering student in Belgium, in my second year. I have a lot of classes this term, and I want to pass them all, another motivation for this experiment, since I can and hopefully will spend a lot of the time gained on useful studying and self-development. I have a two week long holiday now, in which I hope to get used to the Everyman, if you were questioning my decision.
I'll also try to find out if practicing every awake-period of five hours has any benefits on improving other skills, like guitar playing, or sports for that sake, since you have a bit of sleep refinery four times a day. This is just hypothetical and sounded quite logical. I'm also quite into listening to a lot of music, so you'll probably find some links to noteworthy albums and artists
I'm also getting into programming and web design more then ever before, so expect me to put things on what I did on here, not too much though, I wouldn't want to bore you all to death.
The last thing I want to try out is writing, I really like to write, and I've been playing with the idea of writing a book for several months now, but I will probably begin with a short story. This may be or may not be for anytime soon, the story will be published externally, and I'm not sure yet to make it Dutch or English, I will probably go for Dutch, since that is my mother tongue. I love that word, 'mother tongue'.
Tomorrow I shall elaborate on the different sleep cycles if you would be interested, since I didn't really tell you much about them now, and about my day and feelings of tiredness, since I didn't tell anything about that either. You can always find some info on the sleeping cycles on http://www.highexistence.com/alternate-sleep-cycles/.
That's it for now, I bid you all farewell, and remember kids,

No comments:
Post a Comment